Wednesday Night Drags
The raceway's popular program gives people a safe, legal, controlled environment in which to drag race their cars, away from city streets.
Anyone with a driver's license can compete, providing their vehicle or motorcycle passes a simple technical inspection. All gas-propelled vehicles must have mufflers (if applicable). Almost any type of street-legal vehicle is eligible to run on the drag strip.
Racing for the first time? Find out what to expect
Events are held most Wednesday nights beginning March 17 through Nov. 10, 2021. Gates open at 3:30 p.m.; racing runs from 4 p.m.-10 p.m.
- If you plan on racing, you must be at the track by 7 p.m. The earlier you get here, the more timed runs you'll get.
- Racing may end earlier, depending on car count.
COST: Pay for your ticket at the gate - $35 to race; $20 to race with High School ID. $15 for spectators.
WHERE: 29355 Arnold Dr, Sonoma, CA, 95476.
MORE INFORMATION: Call the Drag Racing Hotline 800-870-7223 ext. 209,
as events are weather permitting, or visit the Sonoma Raceway Drag Racing Facebook Page.
What to Expect
- The main entrance is located at Gate 1 on Highway 121
- Follow the signs to "Tech" to get your car teched
- Once your car passes the simple tech inspection, a tech inspector will direct you to the staging lanes
Get Ready for Your First Run:
- Wait for your class' turn in the staging lanes
- Practice/timed runs start at 4 p.m. and end at 7 p.m.
- There will be 2-3 runs before the first round of eliminations
- Drag racing staff can help you with staging your car at the starting line.
- After each run you'll receive a time slip with your elapsed time and speed on the quarter-mile.
First Round of Eliminations:
- Eliminations start at 7 p.m.
- Make it to the final four in your class and receive a trophy! Remember, it's all about being consistent and getting good reaction times on the tree!